Thursday, June 7, 2012

Interview with Raffaele Marinetti

It's time for another interview with a talented artist.  The focus of today's interview is the talented Raffaele Marinetti. I first discovered his work while searching my messages on deviantart.  He is truly a gifted artist and you need to check out his work.  And now, time for the interview.  Enjoy!

1. Who are you and where are you from?

My name is Raffaele Marinetti and I'm a freelance Italian illustrator and I'm living in Naples (Southern Italy).

2. How did you get into drawing?

I'm an autodidact and I learned, looking and studying any great stuff of important comic artists and illustrators. I started as professional circa 10 years ago, with some short comic book stories pubblished in Italy and USA. Thereafter I specialized as a cover artist and illustrator and digital painter, obviously without neglecting the comics.


3. By looking at your art, I would say you have read comics so, what is your favorite title?

Yes.. my favorite in the last years it's Astonishing X-Men Ghost Box.

4. What inspired you to do Harley Quinn?

Harley is one of my favorite female villains... She is sexy, comic and strong... a very funny character to draw.

5. Where can my readers see your art?

You can see my artworks on my website and on various online galleries.

6. Do you have anything you would like to promote right now?

My latest pin-up series, dedicated to the superheroines and action-heroines from comic books and games.  You can see some of them on my website and blog.






7. What is your favorite project that you have done?

A series of digital paintings dedicated to the female warriors, that I did a few years ago for a book of SQP Publishing.

8. What are your plans for the future?

A couple of the projects.... one about some cover arts for a comic book series. The other one about an art book.  But I can't talk about it now...






















LINKS:

No comments: